Skip to main content

Temperature Blanket Pattern

After much deliberation and a lot of searching for ideas on google, Pinterest, and many different Facebook groups, I finally made a pattern decision!!! I can't even begin to tell you know exciting this makes me. I had no idea how many different ways you can go about making temperature blankets. Between choosing colors template and picking out the pattern, and it doesn't just stop at blankets possibilities are endless. 

Any way let's get back to my pattern that I am doing:

Granny Hexagon Motif

Okay, so this is not the best photo I know that. Darker yarn is always difficult for me to capture, and turn out to look decent. I probably should have made a different motif for this, but since I am already in the middle of this post I am just going to go with it.


This is a much better photo then the first, but I just wanted to show that I will doing 3 round when the motif is finished. The first round will be the low of the day, second round will be the high of the day, and the final round will is just a border to help hold everything together . I will be using a join as you go method.

This is how I do the granny hexagon. I know there are many ways to do this, this is more for my notes.

After making a magic ring;

Round 1: ch1, 2 DC, ch 3, (3 DC, ch 3) 5 times, 1 DC, join in the first DC. (6 DC clusters)

Round 2: ch1, 2 DC, ch 3, 3 DC, ch 1, (3 DC, ch 3, 3 DC, ch 1) 5 times, 1 DC join in first DC (12 DC clusters and 6 ch 3 corners)

Round 3: ch1, 2 DC, ch 3, 3 DC, ch 1, 3 DC, ch 1, (3 DC, ch 3, 3 DC, ch 1, 3 DC, ch 1) 5 times, 1 DC, join in first DC (6 corner clusters, 6 side clusters)

Was I able to explain this right to where you can understand it? If you can't I am sorry for that, but again this is more for my notes. This way I make sure every motif is done the same. Still, I hope someone can use this!

Until next time!

Comments